EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TElSimpleSFTPClient.Close takes long time to complete

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 06/13/2013 14:11:17
by Alex Jenkins (Basic support level)

Hi

I am using evaluation licence to assess suitability of SecureBlackboxSFTP .NET edition for a file transfer requirement between windows W7 and XP desktop clients and HPUX servers. My code uses TElSimpleSFTPClient object. When calling Close method on one of the servers (HP-UX 11.11) the operation takes 2 minutes to complete before the OnCloseConnection event handler fires - i'm guessing a timeout expiry eventually returns control to client.

The value of the 'silent' parameter makes no difference. The operation is scoped with a try / catch block no exception is raised, nor does the OnError event fire. The ServerCloseReason property is empty. This problem only happens on one of the two servers I can access for development, the other one returns from Close method promptly.

Any advice to resolve this show stopping issue much appreciated.

Thanks

Alex
Posted: 06/13/2013 14:23:57
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

There's a bug in some servers that prevents them from doing graceful shutdown (graceful = according to TCP rules).

In this case Silent = true should help but in SBB 10 it doesn't due to a bug (this bug has been fixed in SecureBlackbox 11).

The solution is to call Interrupt() method, then Close(true). Interrupt will forcefully close the underlying socket.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/14/2013 02:44:12
by Alex Jenkins (Basic support level)

Eugene

That does the trick. Very many thanks for such a quick response.

Best regards

Alex

Statistics

Topic viewed 565 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!