EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

[FTPS] - Server Certificate

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 02/28/2007 02:23:12
by frederic dominique (Basic support level)

Hello,
ok, what for you the real guidance, for a ftps client and certificate ? why i should to put a certificate in the your component ftps if the server send me another one ?
Posted: 02/28/2007 02:38:30
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

frederic dominique wrote:
why i should to put a certificate in the your component

Who said you should?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/28/2007 03:31:25
by frederic dominique (Basic support level)

oups,
I come to see my confusion between the certificate who perhaps ask by the server FTPS (see server configuration) and this certificate is put in your component and the certificate send by the server ?
Now for the certificate who is send by the server if i want more secure, i controle the date validity and organization (for example) and this, it's me to code in
OnCertificateValidate event.

is it good or not ?

thanxs for your patience. ;-)
Posted: 02/28/2007 05:04:32
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

frederic dominique wrote:
Now for the certificate who is send by the server if i want more secure, i controle the date validity and organization (for example) and this, it's me to code in
OnCertificateValidate event.

Yes, you need to check the certificate that you receive from the server for correctness in OnCertificateValidate event. You don't need to store server's certificate on the client side.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 8303 times

Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!