EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

problem with FTPSClient and german special signs

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 06/04/2013 12:46:35
by René Hoffmann (Basic support level)

Delphi XE3 Professional; Windows 7 Professional; SecureBlackbox - Version 10.0.233

hi @all,

in the past we used the indy-components to create or upload folders and files to an ftp-server. on account of a mistake, we use now the "TElSimpleFTPSClient"-component with explicit ssl in delphi. but the problems are the german special signs (ä, ö, ü, ...). our website generates automatically links to the uploaded folders and files. now, the links are incorrect. if we use the old indy-component, it works. the ftp-server supports utf8. do you have any ideas to resolve the problem?

i tried it with the sample "FTPSDemo", but it is the same.

thanks a lot
Posted: 06/04/2013 13:07:28
by Mykola Olshevsky (Basic support level)

Hi. There is a property RemoteCharset of SimpleFTPSClient, which you should set to utf-8 (if server uses utf8).
Also, you may need to enable utf8 usage by issuing 'OPTS UTF8 ON' after login if server advertises such option in FEAT command responce.
Also SBB 11 will contain property ExtOPTSUTF8Supported : boolean , which tells if this command is supported.
Posted: 06/05/2013 03:28:12
by René Hoffmann (Basic support level)

Hi Mykola,
i can only say: shame on me! ;-) thank you very much for your support!

have a nice day!

Topic viewed 577 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!