EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Support Azure Tables and Queues

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 05/21/2013 23:14:55
by VoxPopuli Robot  (EldoS Corp.)

Azure implementation currently only supports Containers and Blobs. Full Azure storage support should include Tables and Queues.

If you like the idea, vote for it on https://www.eldos.com/sbb/wishlist.php
Posted: 05/21/2013 23:16:38
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Personally I think that this is outside of scope of CloudBlackbox functionality. The goal of CloudBlackbox is to provide a [more or less] uniform way to securely store file-like data in the cloud storages (which are BLOB storages by their nature). SQL and Tables are slightly different things. Am I missing something?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/11/2013 11:18:50
by Darian Miller (Standard support level)

I guess it depends on your vision. If your vision is to simply store files in the Cloud then it's OK.

If you are concentrating on the more general Cloud Storage terminology, then 'Azure Storage' includes Blobs, Tables, and Queues. (Not requesting SQL)

In the current implementation, Container meta data isn't supported, so all we have to use SBB and Azure is blobs and blob metadata. There's nothing cloud-related to manage the list. In my case, various Tables are used to manage the list of blobs in various containers. I'm using nSoftware's components for this task as SBB only offered part of the Azure Storage solution. Their Azure Integrator includes Blobs, Tables, and Queues.
Posted: 06/11/2013 11:26:16
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

SecureBlackbox is a security suite, not DB management components or networking library. This means that we focus on security aspects rather than trying to cover all functionality in the world.

Your best option in managing Azure stuff is definitely Azure SDK, not something from /n software or SecureBlackbox. If you need *secure* data storage, that's a different question.

If you read CloudBlackbox description, it aims to provide a uniform API to store data in the clouds in a secure manner. You won't find a word about managing cloud objects in the description.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 602 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!