EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How to enumerate available cryptoproviders?

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 05/13/2013 16:03:41
by Radek Plach (Standard support level)

Dear all,
I'd like to know if there is a possibility to enumerate all cryptoproviders available in the system (Windows 7, 8). I'd like to automatically use the information further to set DLLName property of TElPKCS11CertStorage instance. Is that even possible or do we have to set the DLLName by specifying a concrete dll path?
We're using .NET edition of SBB.

Regards,

Radek
Posted: 05/14/2013 00:31:43
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I am not sure that I understand what cryptoproviders you mean. If you are asking about Windows CSP, then SecureBlackbox doesn't offer such functionality. There also exist cryptoprovider classes in SecureBlackbox but their set is limited so you don't need to enumerate them.

Now, PKCS#11 interface has nothing to do with Windows Cryptoproviders. PKCS#11 driver DLLs are just DLLs that can be placed anywhere on the disk. They are not registered in any way and it's not possible to enumerate them - the user has to know the particular DLL name in order to use it.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/16/2013 14:07:17
by Radek Plach (Standard support level)

Hi Eugene, thank you for the explanation. I've thought the cryptoproviders somehow relates to PKCS#11 drivers.
Second part of your answer has correctly answered my question.

Thank you,

Radek

Eugene Mayevski wrote:
I am not sure that I understand what cryptoproviders you mean. If you are asking about Windows CSP, then SecureBlackbox doesn't offer such functionality. There also exist cryptoprovider classes in SecureBlackbox but their set is limited so you don't need to enumerate them.

Now, PKCS#11 interface has nothing to do with Windows Cryptoproviders. PKCS#11 driver DLLs are just DLLs that can be placed anywhere on the disk. They are not registered in any way and it's not possible to enumerate them - the user has to know the particular DLL name in order to use it.

Statistics

Topic viewed 618 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!