EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

PDF Encryption - Readably only with SecureBlackBox installed?!

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 02/23/2007 03:31:58
by Alexander Strnad (Basic support level)

Hello,

As i have already written to you in a mail, i will post my problem here, hopefully i will get an answer.

I am still evaluating your PDF Blackbox to encrypt PDFs by certificates and it seems like the Eldos Secureblackbox needs to be installed on the PC you want to _open_ the PDF on to be able to read it - can this be? If this is really true, this would absolutely kill your library for our future development.

Regards,
Alexander Strnad
Posted: 02/23/2007 03:42:26
by Santiago CastaƱo (Standard support level)

I've got an application that does also encrypt PDF's and my customers don't need to have installed SBB to open them, they only need Adobe Acrobat Reader. I use encryption through password and certificates, and SBB in VCL edition. This can't be true :p
Posted: 02/23/2007 03:51:50
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

it seems like the Eldos Secureblackbox needs to be installed on the PC you want to _open_ the PDF on to be able to read it - can this be?

No. Encrypted/signed files created by SBB are completely compatible with PDF specification and can be opened with any compatible PDF viewer application.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2517 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!