EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

AS2-disposition-type, cannot construct "Modifier" suffix

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 05/02/2013 04:17:26
by John Anderson (Priority Standard support level)

As far as I can understand it
RFC 4130 states that AS2-disposition-type looks like the following:-
Successful Processing == Disposition: automatic-action/MDN-sent-automatically; processed
Failure to Process (content) == Disposition: automatic-action/MDN-sent-automatically; failed/failure: failure description
Error During Processing (non-content) == Disposition: automatic-action/MDN-sent-automatically; processed/error : error description

I have looked at the documentation for the two enumerations SBASDispositionStatus and SBASDispositionModifier and can see the effect in the text in the MDN of selecting these, so I can get as far as automatic-action/MDN-sent-automatically; failed/failure but I can't see how to append the Modifier Suffix : failure description onto the end...
Please can you explain?
Posted: 05/02/2013 04:54:55
by Alexander Ionov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the question.

Actually the following notations are equivalent:
Code
Disposition: automatic-action/MDN-sent-automatically;
  failed/failure: failure description

and
Code
Disposition: automatic-action/MDN-sent-automatically; failed
Failure: failure description

So if you need to provide a failure description, just add it as the first entity to the Errors list:
Code
receipt.Errors.Add(0, "your failure description", String.Empty,
  TSBASDispositionModifier.dmFailure, true);

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Posted: 05/02/2013 05:47:08

Thanks! Can you please explain:-

What the difference is between summary and description in the TElASMessageError?
    What is the effect of having TElASReceipt.DetailedErrors set to true or to false?
    Do I have to set the Modifier and Status of the ErrorList manually as well as adding the item(s)?

The documentation is a bit vague about this area of the Receipt.
Posted: 05/02/2013 05:51:33

I just found TElASMessageErrorList.Add has Adjust parameter which answers my third question above it seems...
Posted: 05/02/2013 07:37:44
by Alexander Ionov (EldoS Corp.)

John Anderson wrote:
What the difference is between summary and description in the TElASMessageError? What is the effect of having TElASReceipt.DetailedErrors set to true or to false?

Summary is the text placed right after "Warning:", "Error:" and "Failure:" prefixes. Because RFC 4130 (see section 7.5.4) defines only 4 error values, we've added a non-standard way to provide more information about error reason. If you don't provide any value for the Description or receipt.DetailedErrors is set to false, your receipt will look like the following:
Error: your error summary

If you provide descriptions for errors and set receipt.DetailedErrors to true, the receipt will look like the following:
Error: your error summary
X-SB-Details: your error code; your error description

On parsing a AS2 receipt, SecureBlackbox automatically detects that X-SB-Details extension and adds that additional information to the preceeding error summary.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1911 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!