EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How to get timestamp from spesific server for PDF file?

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 04/28/2013 03:11:32
by Mete Uzun (Basic support level)

Hi,
I have to get a timestamp from spesific timestamp server for PADES. But, this server takes some custom headers. I use TElHTTPTSPClient class. I added custom headers:

HTTPClient.RequestParameters.CustomHeaders.Add("HeaderName", "value");

But, structure of request protocol exchanges from PKIX Timestamp protocol to HTTP protocol. How to add custom headers to request? Thanks for your helping.
Posted: 04/28/2013 04:51:24
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please handle OnPreparedHeaders event and modify headers there. This should work.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/28/2013 07:09:11

Thank you for helping. I handled OnPreparedHeaders event and modified custom header. It works...
Posted: 04/30/2013 09:00:57

Hi again, I got a timestamp from another api. Because; I have to do it. And Can I add this timestamp to my pdf file for pades signature? And how to do it? Thank you.
Posted: 04/30/2013 09:11:33

You can replace TElHTTPSTSPClient with TElFileTSPClient. TElFileTSPClient has OnTimestampNeeded event where you get the block that needs to be sent to the server, and your code would be able to send that block to the server and return the response.

For even more flexibility you would need to create your own descendant of TElCustomTSPClient class which will not go for the timestamp but will instead put an existing timestamp (or create a timestamp using another API).

If you tell us why you need to use another API and (more importantly) how its product (the timestamp) is different, maybe we will be able to offer some other solution.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/02/2013 04:36:23

Which methods or properties of TElCustomTSPClient class can I use for putting existing timestamp?
Posted: 05/02/2013 04:43:00

If you want to create a descendant class as I described, you will need to purchase a license *first*, then we will guide you through the source code.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/02/2013 04:44:06
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

You should implement your own TElCustomTSPClient.Timestamp method that will return your custom response via ReplyCMS parameter.
Posted: 05/02/2013 04:49:13

Vsevolod Ievgiienko wrote:
You should implement your own TElCustomTSPClient.Timestamp method that will return your custom response via ReplyCMS parameter.

It's not that simple and would work only with RFC 3161 timestamps. For other timestamps deeper integration is required.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/02/2013 06:23:24

Eugene Mayevski wrote:
If you want to create a descendant class as I described, you will need to purchase a license *first*, then we will guide you through the source code.

I am writing message from Seneka Software Corporation, in Ankara – Turkey. We are your partner. We are preparing a proof of concept as PADES signature for a public institution. And then we will sell your product, "SecureBlackbox". I can sign pdf files with SecureBlackbox, but I have to get timestamps from another API,"KamuSM". Because; the API of KamuSM wants spesific identity header in request and I have to set this header with username and password. But, username and password is not enough. Because, KamuSM runs spesific algorithm with username and password and then sets identity header. Therefore, I don't know this algorithm and I asked them about algorithm but, They didn't explain to me. Therefore, I should sign pdf with your API and get a timestamp from API of KamuSM and then put the timestamp. As a result I need to help as samples code for putting timestamp. Thank you very much, Sincerely yours.
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3731 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!