EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

XE4 VCL Components?

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 04/26/2013 17:03:55
by Jamie Otterstetter (Standard support level)

I was wondering what the status is with XE4 compatible components? On initial attempt I wasn't able to successfully add the XE3 built components to XE4. I also tried rebuilding the components with XE4 using the XE3 projects, but that resulted in build errors.

Thanks,
Jamie
Posted: 04/27/2013 00:21:10
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The update is trivial:

1) open secbbox.inc
2) find the block of defines that starts with {$ifdef VER240}
3) duplicate this block for ver250.
4) Inside the block you will need to add new defines (you have plenty examples above this block).

That's all.

We will include those changes in SecureBlackbox 11, the first beta version of which is expected in about 2 weeks.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/10/2013 15:14:55
by David Novo (Priority Standard support level)

Hi,

I modified the 3 secbbox.inc files I found, and added the ver250 sections based on the prior examples (adding D18 references and changing the D17 to D18, as appropriate). However, when I load the project group for Delphi 17 (SecBBoxD17.groupproj) in XE4, I received numerous errors about missing files...

Error: Unable to locate projects:

..\ChsBBoxD17.dproj
..\PGPBBoxD17.dproj
..\SSLBBoxCliD17.dproj
..\HTTPBBoxCliD17.dproj
..\FTPSBBoxCliD17.dproj
..\PDFBBoxD17.dproj
..\XMLBBoxD17.dproj
..\SSLBBoxSrvD17.dproj
..\MIMEBBoxD17.dproj
..\PGPMIMEBBoxD17.dproj
..\SMIMEBBoxD17.dproj
..\SSHBBoxSrvD17.dproj
..\SFTPBBoxSrvD17.dproj
..\MailBBoxD17.dproj
..\PGPTLSBBoxD17.dproj
..\PKISSHBBoxD17.dproj
..\EDIBBoxD17.dproj
..\CloudBBoxD17.dproj
..\OfficeBBoxD17.dproj

They were all removed from the project group by Delphi. I searched for these files, and did not see them anywhere in the folder structure.

Therefore, only these projects of the group were able to be loaded:

..\BaseBBoxD17.dproj
..\SSHBBoxCliD17.dproj
..\SFTPBBoxCliD17.dproj
..\PGPSSHBBoxD17.dproj
..\ZIPBBoxD17.dproj

I was able to compile 4 out of 5 of these, except PGPSSHBBoxD17.dproj (because it requires PGPBBoxD17, which I lack the source to recompile).

I downloaded and installed these files of the current XE3 release (ver 10.0.233):

binaries: secbboxvcl_dxetoxe3.zip
source: sftpbboxcli.zip
source: zipbbox.zip

Am I missing some downloads, or are these zip files missing all the source files I need? Please advise.

Thanks!
Posted: 07/10/2013 17:34:46
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hello David,

The source code packages available for you to download in the Control Center only contain package files relevant to your product license. To get .dproj files for all the available packages, please download the evaluation version of the product. Alternatively, you can compile the packages individually and not as a group, exactly as you have done that in the end.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1271 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!