EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How to confirm MIC in AS2 async MDN?

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 03/26/2013 18:34:13
by Lee Chapman (Basic support level)

Hi,

I'm evaluating the AS2 EDI components.

RFC 4130 says that a signed MDN can be used for:

As a non-repudiation of receipt when the signed MDN is successfully verified by the sender with the receiving trading partner's public key and the returned MIC value inside the MDN is the same as the digest of the original message.

So I'm trying to make sure that I can compare the MIC inside a received MDN with the digest of the original message. A couple of questions:

1. Is TElAS2Receipt.ReceivedContentDigest the MIC (as defined by RFC 4130)?

2. How can I access the MIC from the TElAS2Message object so that can store it so that I have something to compare to the MIC that comes in in the asynchronous receipt? (I'm successfully generating a message with TElAS2Message.Save(), with signing and encryption, but TElAS2Message.ContentDigest is byte[0] after the call to Save().)

Thanks,
- Lee
Posted: 03/27/2013 08:36:31
by Alexander Ionov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for your interest in our product.

Lee Chapman wrote:
1. Is TElAS2Receipt.ReceivedContentDigest the MIC (as defined by RFC 4130)?

That's right.

Lee Chapman wrote:
2. How can I access the MIC from the TElAS2Message object

Unfortunatelly there is no direct way by now to do this (a workaround is to load the saved message, then read its ElAS2Message.ContentDigest property). But we are aware of this requirement and have planned this feature for the nearest future.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov

Statistics

Topic viewed 911 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!