EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

ExecuteCommand throws error 110 under stress

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 03/28/2013 09:02:40
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Not to expose your e-mail address in the public forum, I've answered in your Helpdesk ticket.
Posted: 04/04/2013 11:28:45
by Michael Lovett (Standard support level)

It turns out that raising the MaxStartups parameter of my OpenSSH daemon (on the host my stress program was connecting to) solved the problem.

Relevant text from the man page: "Specifies the maximum number of concurrent unauthenticated connections to the SSH daemon. Additional connections will be dropped until authentication succeeds.."

So the short interpretation of this is that if your code manages to create a lot of connections at the same time (which haven't yet gotten to the point of completing authentication) you can exceed MaxStartups and have future connections be dropped by the SSH daemon.

I still don't know why I'm not seeing this same problem during other kinds of stress testing (such as stress testing of UploadFile(), etc), which also have to connect and authenticate, but my guess is that it's coming down to timing..

Topic viewed 1792 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!