EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TElSharedResource documentation

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 03/20/2013 06:05:58
by John Anderson (Priority Standard support level)

Is it possible to provide (or if it already exists somewhere then link to) documentation of TElSharedResource? I have searched in the helpfile and online documentation. I also have looked in the knowledgebase and the forums.

I am trying to understand the differences between WaitToRead() and WaitToWrite() so that I can cleanly close down my threads once all the TElSharedResource (used as a mutex) waits have completed. Is the behaviour of this class significantly different to the Framework objects that appear to provide similar functionality? I presume since you have written your own version you have added some functionality...

Thanks!
Posted: 03/20/2013 06:11:13
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

TElSharedResource is an internal undocumented class. You should better use classes available in your framework to implement mutexes.
Posted: 03/20/2013 06:34:54
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

TElSharedResource implements SingleWriterMultipleReaders synchronization pattern. This class is a wrapper that provides uniform interface in different editions of SecureBlackbox. As Vsevolod mentioned, this class is internal and is not supposed to be used by the application.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/21/2013 07:53:25

Eugene,
You use it in several places in your sample code. Can you suggest to me a way to replace that usage with normal Framework thread synchronisation please?
Posted: 03/21/2013 07:56:52

You use it in several places in your sample code.

Could you please point us these places and clarify what SecureBlackbox edition do you evaluate.
Posted: 03/21/2013 08:50:52

I am evaluating SecureBlackbox C# latest version.

The first use is in ServerThread.cs of the C:\Dev\EldoS\SecureBlackbox.NET\Samples\C#\HTTPBlackbox\Server\HTTPSServer project.

The other place is in ServerThread.cs of the
C:\Dev\EldoS\SecureBlackbox.NET\Samples\C#\WebDAVBlackbox\Server\Standalone
project.

In both of these you have several cases where its used like this:-
Code
private TElSharedResource m_mutex;
m_mutex.WaitToWrite();
try
{
   m_list.Remove(clientThread);
}
finally
{
   m_mutex.Done();
}
Posted: 03/21/2013 08:55:46

Thanks. We'll update these samples to use native mutexes. You can use ReaderWriterLock instead of our class.
Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 766 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!