EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SSH with ntlm proxy

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 03/07/2013 13:42:34
by bash74 (Standard support level)

I am a little bit confused regarding the support of ntlm authentication for proxy servers when I am using a SSH tunnel.
I found this old post, saying it is not supported (http://www.eldos.com/forum/read.php?FID=7&TID=1056&MID=5752&sphrase_id=426543#message5752).

Your changelog says (+ [All] (Base) TElSocket now supports Digest and NTLM authentication in WebTunneling (HTTPS proxy, HTTP CONNECT proxy).) for version 9.0.198.

But the help file for the most current version of the help file states (The methods supported are "do not authenticate" and "authenticate using UserId and Password".) So wtaNTLM = 3 seems not to be supported.

Can you clarify if it is possible to use a ssh tunnel/port forwarding behind a proxy that needs NTLM authentication using only the SSH client package?

Best regards
Posted: 03/08/2013 01:12:41
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Yes its possible. NTLM authentication is supported. Please use WebTunnel* with UseWebTunneling properties of the SSH component you need.
Posted: 03/08/2013 02:03:43
by bash74 (Standard support level)

Thank you very much

Topic viewed 1478 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!