EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

PDF - add revocation info

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 03/05/2013 07:34:49
by Lukas Vyslouzil (Standard support level)

Ken Ivanov wrote:
The only way to archive a generic signature is to convert it to advanced (PAdES) signature by performing appropriate upgrade actions (adding DSS and document timestamp elements).

I already know how to archive PAdES signatures (add validation data and document timestamp), that is not problem. Can I use SB to convert standard signature to enhanced? If there is a way, can you give me a hint? Thank you.
Posted: 03/05/2013 08:11:50
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

To be able to upgrade generic signatures, you should handle them with TElPDFAdvancedPublicKeySecurityHandler objects (and not TElPDFPublicKeySecurityHandler ones). A security handler object for a particular signature is created on the basis of the order in which different handler types are registered in the PDFBlackbox engine. By default, standard security handler has a priority over the advanced handler when processing generic signatures. Please run the following code to shift it down the list:

// Unregistering both security handlers.

// Registering both handlers back in the order we need.

Topic viewed 1956 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!