EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Failed to acquire key context error when using local root certificate

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 02/28/2013 03:49:28
by Ari Urkullu (Basic support level)

Hello,

thanks for all of your answers, really. I have moved the access type an putted it before setting the storage name. Also I have putted the ReadOnly to true before opening the storage. With this changes, the intermediate program I mentioned in earlier posts, goes perfect. But my web App fails ... The error that happens it is just like the first of the post:

"Signing failed: Failed to acquire key context"

at SBCryptoProvWin32.TElWin32CryptoProvider.SignFinal(TElCustomCryptoContext Context, Byte[]& Buffer, Int32 StartIndex, Int32& Size, TElCPParameters Params, TSBProgressFunc ProgressFunc, Object ProgressData)

at SBPublicKeyCrypto.TElRSAPublicKeyCrypto.SignFinal()

at SBPublicKeyCrypto.TElPublicKeyCrypto.InternalSignDetached()

at SBPublicKeyCrypto.TElPublicKeyCrypto.SignDetached(Byte[] InBuffer, Int32 InIndex, Int32 InSize, Byte[]& OutBuffer, Int32 OutIndex, Int32& OutSize)

at SBCMS.TElCMSSignature.SignSubject(TElX509Certificate Cert, Boolean AsyncOperation, TElDCAsyncState& State)

at SBCMS.TElCMSSignature.Sign(TElX509Certificate Cert, TElCustomCertStorage Chain)

at SBPAdES.TElPDFAdvancedPublicKeySecurityHandler.SignHash(Byte[] Hash, Int32 StartIndex, Int32 Count)

at SBPDF.TElPDFDocument.InsertActualSignatureInformation(Boolean IncrementalUpdate)

at SBPDF.TElPDFDocument.Close(Boolean Save)

at Fullstep.PMPortalWeb.OfertasPDF.CloseCurrentDocument(Boolean saveChanges) in D:\FULLSTEP PORTAL\Version_31900_8\NET\PMPortalWeb\script\ofertas\OfertasPDF.aspx.vb:line 349

Know it is sure that I am accessing the local machine root certificates store, and also it is sure that the certificate with which I am trying to sign has the private key (Because with the intermediate program the signing ends successfully). So I think that this can be user permissions problem, that the user "Network Service" can't use a certificate from local machine root certificates store for signing (although this user can load in TelWinCertStorage the list of local machine root certificates).
Posted: 02/28/2013 04:25:29
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Ari,

This is definitely a permissions issue. Please check this Microsoft tool that might help to set up the access rights correctly.
Posted: 02/28/2013 04:31:14

Thank you very much, really.

I will post here the solution when I find it.
Posted: 03/01/2013 03:36:10

Hello,

For the last problem I got, I post the solution which worked here:

- In command line execute mmc. Then when the window of mmc opens File -> Add/Remove Snap in ... -> Add ... -> Certificates -> Add -> Computer Account -> Next -> Finish -> Close -> OK

- Then open in the mmc browser Console Root -> Certificates (Local Computer) -> Trusted Root Certificates Authorities -> Certificates and right click on it, then All Task -> Import ... -> Next -> Browse ... (and select the .pfx with the private key) -> Next -> Enter the password in the textbox -> Mark key as exportable -> Next -> Place all certificates in the following store -> Browse ... (and select Trusted Root Certification Authorities) -> Next -> Finish

- Then download at Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa384088%28VS.85%29.aspx

and install it.

- Then execute in command line

winhttpcertcfg -g -c LOCAL_MACHINE\Root -s "CertificateSubjectNameCommonName" -a "ASPNET"

And that is all.

Thanks,
Ari.
Posted: 03/01/2013 03:38:51
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you very much for posting the solution!
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 6188 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!