EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How to sign multiple pdf in one shot

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 02/25/2013 05:05:58
by donato de philippis (Basic support level)

I have a large number of files (>1000) on my server and need to sign all of them in one shot (the certificate is on a secure device connected to the server).
The user (signee) should only enter his pin once at the beginning of the process.
Can this be done?
Posted: 02/25/2013 05:09:30
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

It depends on the secure device's hardware and firmware, but generally yes, this can be done. I suggest that you take the distribution and run some simple checks against your device and environment. We can guide you on the exact checks to be done.
Posted: 02/25/2013 05:09:49
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Please refer to this forum topic for details: https://www.eldos.com/forum/read.php?FID=7&TID=4240
Posted: 02/25/2013 05:09:51
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

If you use the certificate via PKCS#11, you provide a PIN to login to device in your code. So you can store the PIN in memory after asking the user.

In case when the device is mapped to CryptoAPI and accessed via WinCertStorage, this is not possible.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/25/2013 05:20:18
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

In case when the device is mapped to CryptoAPI and accessed via WinCertStorage, this is not possible.

Not exactly. Although a lot of devices do not support setting PINs via CryptoAPI indeed, in general case it IS possible and we have a number of clients who use the components in that way.
Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Topic viewed 503 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!