EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Problems getting my PdfBlackbox evaluation up-and-running...

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 02/22/2013 03:50:43
by Peter Lidbaum (Basic support level)

Hi EldoS/All,

I have been assigned the task of evaluating the SecureBlackBox toolkit (and the PDFBlackbox in particular), to see if it can be used to do what we want to do---find all invalid signatures in our input PDFs, remove these and create brand new signature at the same location and with the same look-and-feel.

It Sounds from reading the descriptions on your website as if this would be possible with the PDFBlackbox toolkit, so I downloaded the evaluation version from your site ("SecureBlackbox Library edition for Windows", secbboxlib_win.zip).

However, after a few hours playing with your toolkit, trying to create something very basic/simple in C++ that uses the PDFBlackbox functionality, I'm just getting more and more confused...

First of all: Are there really no C++ samples related to PDFBlackbox? Even trivial ones? The samples included in the ZIP are just FTPSBlackbox, SFTPBlackbox, and SSHBlackbox.

Anyway---I first built the ~/WrapperSources library with:

Makefile.cmd vc x86

and this went fine, it created the (271 MB) libsbbimp.lib library. I then built one of the samples (SFTPBlackbox) with the same settings, linking with the static library I just built:

Makefile.cmd vc x86 static

This also went fine, and if I run this program it prompts the "Usage" information.

However, when I added a minimal PDFBlackbox call to the sample code source file (consolessh.cpp):

TElPDFDocument* pDoc = new TElPDFDocument(NULL);

and built it again---still with the supplied makefile---I get linker errors:

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AddRealObjectToDictionary_1@24
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GetRealObjectFromDictionary@28
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _TElPDFDictionary_AddReal@24
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AddRealObjectToArray@12
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _TElPDFReal_set_RealValue@12
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AddRealObjectToDictionary@20

What puzzles me here is that all of these functions does exist in the .def file for the DLL, but with different values for the parameter sizes---the _TElPDFDictionary_AddReal@24 function, for instance is in the .def file as:

TElPDFDictionary_AddReal
#ifndef CPU64
TElPDFDictionary_AddReal@28 @12330 NONAME
#else
TElPDFDictionary_AddReal@36 @12330 NONAME
#endif

which is why the linker can't find it---it is called *@28 instead of *@24. I'm using your makefiles as-is for both the Wrapper library and the sample, with the same settings in both cases---so I can't understand why this would happen.

So: I'm confused. I am supposed to be able to use the PDFBlackbox this way, right? By using the C++ header files in WrapperSources/include and linking with the library built in WrapperSources?

When looking at the documentation supplied in the ZIP for any PDFBlackbox function (e.g. TElPDFDocument.Open), they all have entries for DLL (by which which I assume you mean direct C++ use) is the way we use it here that looks like:

[DLL]
not implemented

which I'm not quite sure how to interpret---it says so for the TElSimpleSSHClient methods as well, but those are used in the Sample C++ client in the ZIP.

The documentation is very "abstract" with few real examples (since it is used for both .NET, Pascal, and VB use), and I think that I will have no problem achieving what I want once I get everything up-and-running---but I have a feeling that I'll need "something" to get me started with the evaluation...

All the best,

/Peter
Posted: 02/22/2013 07:42:26
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

Moved to HelpDesk.
Posted: 02/08/2014 13:08:33
by Maximo Maximo (Basic support level)

Hello
alguna implementacion en python de sign pdf _?
Posted: 02/08/2014 13:14:22
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Maximo, please use English in communications.

We don't have Python interface for SecureBlackbox. You can vote for such feature in our wishlist here: https://www.eldos.com/sbb/wishlist.php?vox_idea_id=193

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/08/2014 13:23:37

Hello, first of all, thank you very much for responding.'m A college student, I'm working on my diploma work, for graduareme engineer in computer science. Do not speak Spanish, I use the translator. You have some knowledge of some library python that allows me inscrustar a digital signature in a pdf _ file?, and I implemented in C #, java and saw the solution in c + +, but I could not create a shared library for use in python. I'd bring a lot to have your advice. await your response . Thanks again
Posted: 02/08/2014 13:29:04

I don't know anything about python libraries for PDF security. If you can make an interface to the DLL, then you can take C++ edition -- it already has a DLL and C++ wrappers. You can use those wrappers as a guide to create some python imports for the DLL. Yet I need to say that as SecureBlackbox heavily relies on classes, there will be lots of imports (probably 50-60 methods) that you need to interface to.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/08/2014 13:40:24

I do not have many conocimeintos in c + +, I
I just need to sign a pdf with a certificate
(. p12), and with Openssl I get the certificate
and wash his private and public, but in trying to create
with a shared library. cpp gives me a few errors dependecia
You can help me make a. Cpp that has everything you need to sign a pdf,
only to sign, because the c + + edition has many things,
I just need to sign a pdf, can you help me solve this problem _?
We would be grateful etrenamente
Posted: 02/08/2014 14:07:11

If you can go with C++ edition, there's a sample of PDF signing in Samples/PDFBlackbox folder. Did you check it?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/08/2014 14:47:02

if you download c + + edition and run the vc makefile.cmd that of consolepdf
and add additional dependecia, ie copy the address libsbbimp.lib, but when I run
gives me the following error.

Can you give me a step by step guide how to run these examples, is that in this Help documentation folder
but maybe you can give me more detailed. you, need your help

'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Nueva carpeta\Samples\PDFBlackbox\PAdES\Debug\consolePAdES.exe'. Symbols loaded.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\KernelBase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\libsbb.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\user32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\gdi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\lpk.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\usp10.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcrt.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\advapi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\sechost.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\rpcrt4.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\oleaut32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ole32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\crypt32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msasn1.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\wsock32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ws2_32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\nsi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcp110.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcr110.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\imm32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msctf.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\security.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\secur32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\sspicli.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\version.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Windows\System32\version.dll'
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\IPHLPAPI.DLL'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\winnsi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\version.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Windows\System32\version.dll'
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\wship6.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'consolePAdES.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\shlwapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
First-chance exception at 0x755D9617 (KernelBase.dll) in consolePAdES.exe: 0x0EEDFADE (parameters: 0x00A4C4F2, 0x005DE400, 0x005D0E50, 0x00000000, 0x005D0002, 0x001EF3C0, 0x001EF384).
First-chance exception at 0x755D9617 in consolePAdES.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: SecureBlackbox::SBException at memory location 0x001EF3B0.
Run-Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'E' was corrupted.
The program '[5516] consolePAdES.exe' has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Posted: 02/08/2014 14:49:30

esta es la foto del error , si continuo muestra lo anterior , digame puede ayudarme ?usted tiene conocimiento de python ?_

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 4867 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!