EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

ElPKCS11Manager

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 02/17/2013 04:37:59
by Gancerenco Nicolai (Basic support level)

I just installed your SecureBlackBox vcl edition on my Delphi6. When I start to play with vcl I found that I can't drop on my form ElPKCS11Manager. I drag and drop component but nothing happen on my test form. I do something wrong?

After I tested sample project for this component. I open eTPKCS11.dll. But when I insert token nothing happening.
Posted: 02/17/2013 08:39:59
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Gancerenco Nicolai wrote:
I just installed your SecureBlackBox vcl edition on my Delphi6. When I start to play with vcl I found that I can't drop on my form ElPKCS11Manager.

Fixed, thank you for the report.

Gancerenco Nicolai wrote:
After I tested sample project for this component. I open eTPKCS11.dll. But when I insert token nothing happening.

And what do you expect to happen?

PKCS11 doesn't have built-in mechanisms to notify about token insertion. We have implemented notifications using periodical checks but they need to be explicitly enabled. The sample doesn't do this and doesn't subscribe for notifications.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/19/2013 03:21:08
by Gancerenco Nicolai (Basic support level)

PKCS11 doesn't have built-in mechanisms to notify about token insertion. We have implemented notifications using periodical checks but they need to be explicitly enabled. The sample doesn't do this and doesn't subscribe for notifications.

Is not hard to add a notify mechanism. I have wrote own VCL for this job and I am a greenhorn on PKCS devices. The code detect the USB activity, detect if inserted USB device is a token or else and if is a token then read infos from it.
Posted: 02/19/2013 03:25:39
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

This is beyond the scope of SecureBlackbox functionality. In particular, PKCS#11 has no relation to USB, despite the fact that some (but not all!) devices accessed using PKCS#11 are plugged using USB.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 507 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!