EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Invalid Signature - Unknown Certificate 0x*********blah blah

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 02/07/2013 23:41:46
by Andy Kim (Basic support level)

Hi do you have sample code for VB.Net for digitally signing a file using pgp and telpgpKeyring/writer objects? I need RSA 2048 ascii armor output format.

I have some code, and the resulting output.txt.asc file unpacks the original file, but won't validate the signature. I am using KLeopatra and get the error that invalid signature: unknown certificate 0x+"certificate" Id. Nothing on the system should be modifying the file after signing. Do I need to set a hash algorithm or symmetric key algorithm?

Am i missing a trust issue? What else could be wrong? I am using my private key to sign only, not encrypt.

Thanks in advance.
Posted: 02/07/2013 23:46:21
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Please see <SecureBlackbox>\Samples\VB.NET\OpenPGPBlackbox folder for samples (there are many there).

As for your description, it's quite vague. Please use our samples and if you still have problems, please provide a detailed and concrete description (eg "the FilesDemo sample signed the file with my OpenPGP key in armored format, but the verifying application XXX reported an error YYY").

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/07/2013 23:49:18
by Andy Kim (Basic support level)

WOW that was quick. Thanks!

Statistics

Topic viewed 767 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!