EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Secure Black Box compatibility with sftp server

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 01/30/2013 05:00:37
by Raymond Chak (Basic support level)

Delphi using Secure Black Box V5.0 library can communicate with sftp server on AIX 5.3 TL8 but cannot communicate with sftp server on AIX 6.1 TL7.

Secure Black Box V5.0 does not support the newer version of AIX ?
Posted: 01/30/2013 05:27:33
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Raymond,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

Version 5 is almost six years old, so I am afraid it may occasionally expose compatibility issues with newer servers. Not only we were unable to perform interoperability tests against not-yet-existing servers, but the SFTP standard itself was subject to important changes since 2007.

What I suggest you to do is to let us know the details of the issue you are facing and we'll try to find some solution (it can be that precise tuning will do the job). However, you should be prepared that the components just won't be able to work together with the server (unlikely, but still possible).
Posted: 01/30/2013 07:00:10
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

If you have a license, please link the license ticket to your user account before we continue. The ticket itself and the procedure of its use are specified in the registration e-mail that was sent to you upon license purchase. If you don't have the license ticket, please contact the person from which you have obtained the license key (the one in your source code) for a license ticket.

NOTE: please don't post license keys and license tickets to the forum. If you need to clarify something about your license, please use HelpDesk ( http://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/ ).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/30/2013 20:02:53
by Raymond Chak (Basic support level)

Dear Eugene,

Thanks very much for your reply. Understand that the licence ticket itself and the procedure of it's use are specified in the registration e-mail that was sent upon license purchase. However, it may take us some time to retrieve that email. It is possible to re-send me the details ? we are in desperate need of a solution.

Thanks and regards
Raymond
Posted: 01/30/2013 20:57:43
by Gloria Ho (Standard support level)

Hello,

I found the original user account that linked to our license ticket. I'll use that account to continue our communication. Where should I post information of our problem ?

Regards
Raymond
Posted: 01/31/2013 00:39:41
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Moved to helpdesk.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2060 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!