EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

WebDav Server with Windows Explorer is slllllooooow......

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 01/17/2013 05:49:21
by Kalle Seybold (Basic support level)

Running the WebDav Server sample and using it with the Windows Explorer as a client is really slow. With the WebDav Client sample it is working by far better (aprox. 20x faster).
Is this a known problem?
Are there any workarounds?
Posted: 01/17/2013 06:03:15
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

First of all you should request an unlock key here http://eldos.com/sbb/trial-limitations.php if you don't have a license.

It is a known problem. Microsoft's client is the worst from those I came across. The main difference is that our WebDAVClient sample performs one HTTP request per operation but Windows Explorer performs in average 3 requests per operation. For an instance, if you want to upload a single file our sample will perform only one PUT request, but Windows Explorer will perform LOCK, PUT and UNLOCK request.
Posted: 01/17/2013 06:07:30
by Kalle Seybold (Basic support level)

How about the build in WebDav access in Mac and Linux?
Do you have an experiance with them?
Posted: 01/17/2013 06:18:37
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

I don't have experience with Linux but I've tested our WebDAV server with MacOSX client and it works much more faster than Windows Explorer.

Topic viewed 882 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!