EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Symmetric versus Asymmetric Encryption

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 05/09/2006 13:00:16
by Chris Mulka (Standard support level)

I have a client that I am sending and encrypted a file using their public key and they get an error because I am encrypting symmetrically (according to them) when I should be encypting Asymmetrically. Their is a SymmetricKeyAlgorithm property but it has a ton of enumorations for this property. How can I force Asymmetric encryption.
Posted: 05/09/2006 13:20:22
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please don't get me wrong, but your question means that you are doing the things that you don't understand well. And with security this is very dangerous, cause security implemented incorrectly = no security.

If the client has certain requirements for how the data must be encrypted, it would be nice if you just listed these requirements, and we would say what components you must use and what properties need to be set.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 4089 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!