EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How do I add SecureBB references to a Silverlight5 project

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 01/09/2013 10:18:12
by Jose Morales (Basic support level)

Hi there!

I need some help. I'm trying to do an silverlight5 application with SecureBB, but when I try to add the SBB references to the proyect it tells me:

You can´t add a reference to SecureBlackBox.dll as it was not built against the Silverlight runtime...

What I'm trying to do is an application in Silverlight5 that runs with elevated privileges on the client machine to sign pdf documents (PAdES compliant) with SBB.

I've searched the forums but I can´t find any post about this topic. Searching with google the only thing that I can find it's that it's not possible, or very very difficult, but in the documentation of SBB it states that it works with Silverlight.

Can you help pleas me with the steps to add the references of SBB to a silverlight project.

Thanks a lot.
Posted: 01/09/2013 10:35:04
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

SecureBlackbox includes a separate set of SecureBlackbox assemblies for Silverlight. You probably didn't specify that you need them when installing SecureBlackbox to your computer. Please reinstall SecureBlackbox and pay attention to what exactly options are set during installation.

Jose Morales wrote:
I've searched the forums but I can´t find any post about this topic

Emm, there's a bunch of topics here in the forum regarding use of SecureBlackbox with Silverlight.

Jose Morales wrote:
I've searched the forums but I can´t find any post about this topic. Searching with google the only thing that I can find it's that it's not possible, or very very difficult

Where is such BS written?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/09/2013 12:11:53
by Jose Morales (Basic support level)

Thanks Eugene.

I've reinstalled the SBB and it's right I didn't installed or noticed the check box with the Silverlight version.

What I meant when I wrote that it's impossible or very difficult to use a dll in Silverlight was about a not SL dll in an SL app.

Thanks for your quick answer.

One more, what's de differente between the dlls in Silverlight_50_XPlatform and Silverlight_50_Windows?

Thanks again
Posted: 01/09/2013 12:19:29
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

*Windows version includes P/Invokes which are used for accessing Windows Certificate Storage, PKCS11, and NTLM and SSPI authentication support. This functionality is not available in XPlatform version.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 402 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!