EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TElAS2Receipt.Load method return False

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 12/20/2012 11:34:47
by Robert Beaubien (Standard support level)

The attached receipt opens up returning False for the .Load method. Where do I find the reason for not successfully loading? The error collection does not have any entries and the .Text contains the "Your message was successfully received and processed." message from the receipt.

What does the as2Receipt.Errors.Status = dsProcessed mean? If it is set to dsFailed, does that mean they couldn't open the message at all, or there was an issue with the message contents (or both)?

Just trying to make sure I correctly detect errors when they are received.

Thanx,

Rob

[ Download ]
Posted: 12/20/2012 13:14:58
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Please try to load your message using our sample from \EldoS\SecureBlackbox.<edition>\Samples\<language>\EDIBlackbox\AS2\Decoder folder. It produces detailed loading log with warnings and errors.
Posted: 12/20/2012 14:49:56
by Robert Beaubien (Standard support level)

Correct me if I am wrong, but that seems to be for the message itself, not the receipt.
Posted: 12/21/2012 02:57:10
by Alexander Ionov (EldoS Corp.)

Receipt loading is shown on the last page of the AS2Sender demo which could be found in the \EldoS\SecureBlackbox.<edition>\Samples\<language>\EDIBlackbox\AS2\Sender folder.
To find out why the Load method returns False, you can assign a TElAS2Receipt.OnError event handler; there you'll get the problem description.

Robert Beaubien wrote:
What does the as2Receipt.Errors.Status = dsProcessed mean? If it is set to dsFailed, does that mean they couldn't open the message at all, or there was an issue with the message contents (or both)?

To understand this you should refer to section 7.5.3 of RFC 4130 which says:
The "failed" AS2-disposition-type MUST be used when a failure occurs
that prevents the proper generation of an MDN. For example, this
disposition-type would apply if the sender of the message requested
the application of an unsupported message-integrity-check (MIC)
algorithm.

EDIBlackbox sets the Failed status when it does not understand or does not support receipt request options provided in a AS2 message.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov

Statistics

Topic viewed 578 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!