EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Other people

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 01/31/2007 11:56:30
by Stanko Milošev (Standard support level)

Hello,

thank you for your help, all things work perfectly now, but (there is always some but), if I import certificate in windows storage, using internet explorer, using parameter "place all certificates in the following store", click on browse, click on "show physical stores", choose "Other people" and Local Computer->ok->next->Finnish, certificate is placed in "Other people" tab, but, I can't see it using CertDemo from Eldos. Why?

It is version 5.0.105 of SecureBlackBox, Microsoft Windows XP with SP2 operating system.

Thank you in advance.
Posted: 01/31/2007 12:21:10
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

You are putting the certificate to LocalMachine storage, and CertDemo works with CurrentUser access type.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/31/2007 12:51:31

If I put certificate to LocalMachine in SPC, for example, I can see it without problem, through CertDemo.

Also, I tried through code to get certificate, but without success. Here is sample:

WinCertStorage.StorageType := stSystem;
WinCertStorage.AccessType := atLocalMachine;

WinCertStorage.SystemStores.Text := _storage;

Where _storage can be "My", "ROOT", "SPC",...

Rest of code I just copied from EldoS.
Posted: 01/31/2007 13:21:11

Does the problem happen with any certificate you import or with some particular certificate?
If this is some particular certificate, please post it here or to HelpDesk

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/31/2007 17:15:52

This happen with any certificate, I just tried with the EldoS, cert.cer, certificate too.

If I put in the Other people, I can't see it, but if I put in the SPC, LocalMachine, CertDemo see it.
Posted: 02/01/2007 01:51:09

And what storage name do you use for "Other people"?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/01/2007 05:09:21

And what storage name do you use for "Other people"?

I am sory, I don't understand this question.

In Internet Explorer, or Microsoft management console, I can see tab, and physical storage name "Other people", and if I put certificate in that storage, whith LocalMachine checkbox checked, I can't see it with CertDemo, I tried every storage which CertDemo show to me, but, if I put it throgh IE in SPC physical storage name, with LocalMachine checkbox checked, I can see certificate, through CertDemo, without problem.
Posted: 02/01/2007 10:00:16

WinCertStorage.SystemStores.Text := _storage;

Where _storage can be "My", "ROOT", "SPC",...

So what you put to SystemStores.Text in case of "Other people"? "Other people" is not the storage name as known to the system.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/02/2007 08:53:59

Actually, what we need, is to put a certificate in the Windows store, so that every user on that machine can use that certificate. I can put it in the SPC, for example, and SBB will see it, but I can't encrypt or sign a document, with user which is member of "Users" group.

With "adressbook" store name I could access to "Other people", but only with user with administrator rights, with user which is member of "Users" group, I can't.
Posted: 02/02/2007 11:39:49

Stanko Milošev wrote:
but I can't encrypt or sign a document, with user which is member of "Users" group.

This is due to system security restrictions. Frankly speaking, I am not ready to give you any positive idea regarding how to solve this particular problem.

But why not put the certificate to the file in encrypted form? Put it to \Documents and Settings\All users\Application Data\YourApp, adjust file access rights to let give access to "Everyone" group and store the PFX there.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Statistics

Topic viewed 4128 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!