EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

XAdES XML Document Signing with ASP.NET MVC

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 11/29/2012 07:45:44
by Vladimir Blazhev (Basic support level)

Hi!

My team and I are working on a project that needs to implement functionality for XAdES signing of server-generated XML documents on the client side using various methods (SmartCards/tokens, Windows certificate store, and certificate files). We are using ASP.NET MVC and .NET 4.5. We have already purchased XmlBlackBox and HttpBlackBox for .NET (for one of our previous desktop application projects). Do we need any additional packages?

Could you please provide me with some examples and/or guidelines on how to complete our task?

Best regards,
Vladimir Blazhev
Posted: 11/29/2012 07:52:00
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

You might be interested in our Distributed Cryptography Add-on: http://eldos.com/sbb/desc-dc.php

SecureBlackbox is shipped with a sample for PDF signing but the general idea is the same for XML. The sample is located in \EldoS\SecureBlackbox.NET\Samples\C#\PDFBlackbox\ASPNet_Distributed folder.
Posted: 11/29/2012 08:30:45

Thank you for the quick response!

You might be interested in our Distributed Cryptography Add-on: http://eldos.com/sbb/desc-dc.php

Distributed Cryptography add-on is available for licensing as an option for Professional, Standard, Data Security, XMLBlackbox, PDFBlackbox, OfficeBlackbox and PKIBlackbox packages.

Does this mean than we do NOT need to buy any additional packages, because we already have XMLBlackbox licence?

SecureBlackbox is shipped with a sample for PDF signing but the general idea is the same for XML. The sample is located in \EldoS\SecureBlackbox.NET\Samples\C#\PDFBlackbox\ASPNet_Distributed folder.

I already went throught that sample as you suggested here: http://eldos.com/forum/read.php?FID=7&TID=3966&MID=21824&sphrase_id=413184#message21824. We tested the java applet and encountered several problems with it. First of all, the signing didn't succeed at all. We tried signing with Windows store certificates and personal certificates on a smart card but both approaches failed with the following error: "No enough space for signature". The exception was thrown on the closing of the file in the FinishSigning method in Result.aspx. The signature byte[] variable is approximately ~55K in size. Do you have any suggestions why this is happenning? The second problem is that Firefox does not reference the applet file correctly so the request returns "404 Not Found". The requested address is "http://localhost/DCWeb/Java/com.secureblackbox.dc.applet.ElDCServerApplet".

Also, we need to localize the applet so that the text is in Bulgarian. Could you please provide us with some guidelines on how to achieve this?

Best regards,
Vladimir Blazhev
Posted: 11/29/2012 08:39:50
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

First of all, if you have a license, please assign the license ticket to your user account. The ticket itself and the procedure of it's use are specified in the registration e-mail that was sent to you upon license purchase. If you don't have the license ticket, please contact the person from which you have obtained the license key (the one in your code) for a ticket.

NOTE: please don't post license keys and license tickets to the forum. If you need to clarify something about your license, please use HelpDesk ( http://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/ ).

Vladimir Blazhev wrote:
Does this mean than we do NOT need to buy any additional packages, because we already have XMLBlackbox licence?

Distributed Cryptography add-on is literally an add-on which is licensed separately.

Vladimir Blazhev wrote:
both approaches failed with the following error: "No enough space for signature"

This knowledgebase article will shed some light on your problem. Also you can post a separate question with more details, so that our developers could help you (but please check the article first).

Vladimir Blazhev wrote:
The second problem is that Firefox does not reference the applet file correctly so the request returns "404 Not Found". The requested address is "http://localhost/DCWeb/Java/com.secur...rverApplet".

Do other browsers expose the same behavior? We use Firefox as a primary browser, so something suggests me that there's some misconfiguration on your side rather than a browser problem.

Vladimir Blazhev wrote:
Also, we need to localize the applet so that the text is in Bulgarian. Could you please provide us with some guidelines on how to achieve this?

Licensed customers of the add-on receive complete source code of the applet, so you can localize it, build your own applet and sign it with your own certificate.

Just a note: it's a good idea to separate different questions - some of them are handled by different people, and discussing several questions in parallel in one topic creates a mess and complicates discussion.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/29/2012 08:57:14

Do other browsers expose the same behavior? We use Firefox as a primary browser, so something suggests me that there's some misconfiguration on your side rather than a browser problem.

I haven't modified the sample, and yes Opera, Chrome, and IE9 work correctly.

Distributed Cryptography add-on is literally an add-on which is licensed separately.

Could you please provide me with some pricing details about this add-on. I couldn't find it in the "Prices and Ordering" section.
Posted: 11/29/2012 09:14:49

Please link the license ticket to your account.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/30/2012 03:35:04
by Ognian Traianov (Standard support level)

Hi!

It's Vladimir again, but I am writing you from the account of my collegue (he is unavailable) who purchased the XmlBlackBox licence. I would be glad if you could provide me with some more information about the pricing of the Distributed Cryptography add-on.

Best regards,
Vladimir Blazhev
Posted: 11/30/2012 04:18:55

Answered in HelpDesk.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/03/2012 04:27:27
by Alexander Ionov (EldoS Corp.)

Vladimir Blazhev wrote:
The second problem is that Firefox does not reference the applet file correctly so the request returns "404 Not Found". The requested address is "http://localhost/DCWeb/Java/com.secur...rverApplet".

Unfortunatelly we do not experience any problem with running the sample in FF. As Eugene said, FF is our primary browser and the sample is being tested in it during all the development process.

So, I'd suggest you to check your FF configuration, plug-ins, etc. Do other java applets work in your FF?

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2787 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!