EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TElWebDAVClient method List throws out an exception regarding date

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 11/21/2012 04:39:25
by Alex Morozov (Basic support level)

Hello!

List method of TElWebDAVClient throws out an exception regarding date of objects on WebDav server (proprietary, not Eldos WebDav server) in "procedure TfmMain.List(Obj : TElWebDAVStorageObject);" of Sample project "WebDavClient".

Error message is: "Wed, 21 Nov 2012 ... GMT ... is not a valid integer value"
The exact message is attached to this post.

What would be the proper solution to this from the client side?

Thanks in advance!

Posted: 11/21/2012 05:36:15
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Looks like non-standard server output...

Try running the application from outside of IDE - such exception should be handled internally and suppressed (handled differently). If it doesn't, then we'll need to make the client handle this situation. I am moving the question to the helpdesk and our WebDAV developer will contact you for details tomorrow (he's away today).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/21/2012 07:51:37

Right, outside of IDE the error is suppressed. We will await the helpdesk contacting us - we will test the new build immediately when needed.

Thanks.
Posted: 11/21/2012 08:04:28

If it's suppressed, then no further actions are required on our side. You can tell the IDE not to stop on this particular exception by adding the exception class to ignore list in IDE debugger settings.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/21/2012 08:37:56

Well, not exactly OK, because unprocessed date makes any dates of any file objects queried from the server to become 1899-12-30, which is totally uncool. :(
Posted: 11/21/2012 08:46:19

GIGO - if the server sends non-standard garbage, we can't help it.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/05/2013 06:33:11
by hlwerschner Werschner (Basic support level)

I might have to restart this topic. I downloaded the current version of the SecureBlackBox (for Delphi7) , installed it and started my testing of WebDav. I compiled the client and the server apps and tried to test the communication between these two supplied examples but at every "PROPFIND /" the exception is occurring. Shall I assume that even the blackBox server and client are incompatible? As The trial does not include source, I am unable to investigate the XML data which is flowing between the two apps. There seems to be also no "log" on either side....

How can I proceed with a meaningful test? There is no difference if I call one app from inside of the IDE or standalone (standalone, no output ist created anyways). The "i" shortcut in the client is also doing an exception as only result.
Posted: 07/05/2013 06:46:43
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Hello.

I've just checked that both server and client work correctly together. What kind of exception do you get?

I downloaded the current version

Do you mean the 10th or the 11th one?
Posted: 07/05/2013 06:51:07
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

The "i" shortcut in the client is also doing an exception as only result.

Sorry for this bug. Indeed the temporary code used to debug the client went to the sample. I've just fixed it. You may simply remove it as its useless.
Posted: 07/05/2013 07:34:11
by hlwerschner Werschner (Basic support level)

I could narrow down the problem. It lloks as if WINDOWS (XP Prof SP3) uses different date/time formats for its own written files than the WebDAV Server. When I start with an empty webdav folder (on the server side), I can UPload files with the client and everything is fine, even after closing and re-opening the client. Files and folders are properly displayed. But if I "copy" a file (or create a sub-folder) by hand on the server side inside of the webdav folder structure, the next PROPFIND which accesses such files, will see a date format like the one above mentioned "Fri, ....." which is different from the URI date-time format "2013-07-05 .....". This seems to confuse the XML parser which has to extract property values and expects some date/time format and gives an XML structure failure (invalid response XML structure (error code is 0)).

Any exploerer used gives no indication about these differing date / Time formats. I did assume that it must be possible to add/delete/update files in the webdav folders by other tools !?
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1648 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!