EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Problem running SSL/TLS with HTTPServer Java sample

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 11/15/2012 16:37:34
by Chandra Roukema (Priority Standard support level)

Hello,

I have been having problems with the Blackbox HTTPServer Java sample code. I'm using Blackbox Java version 10.0.227, . I'm running the sample code from eclipse and am using jdk1.7.0_07. When I run the sample, I can connect to the server successfully if I do not enable SSL/TLS. However when I do enable SSL/TLS, I'm not able to connect to the server.

I have tried connecting to the server with IE and Firefox. With those clients, the server logs "Error Code: 75789, Fatal: true, Remote: false.
I've also tried connecting using a Blackbox HTTPClient and when I use that the client errors out with "Connection failed due to error (75778)".

For the server certificate I am using cert.pfx from the "Extra/Certificates" folder.

As a test to make sure I was understanding how to configure the server and to confirm that the server cert worked fine, I tried downloading the .Net version of BlackBox. When I build and run the .Net Blackbox HTTPServer sample code everything works fine (i.e. I can connect via HTTPS from my blackbox client as well as from IE and Firefox).

But alas for my project, I need to use Java. Any ideas on why the Java HTTPServer sample isn't working for me?

Thanks!
Chandra
Posted: 11/16/2012 04:32:50
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for reporting the bug.

Its fixed and I'll send you the fixed sample via Helpdesk now.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1191 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!