EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Windows Phone 8 TElHTTPSClient performance

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 01/31/2014 07:03:59
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

This is not an issue and it doesn't need fixing. You need to take assemblies compiled for the target platform, that's all.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/31/2014 07:14:40
by Tom Bartels (Basic support level)

Understandable. Though since Windows Phone 7 applications support running on Windows Phone 8 out of the box, which we're currently doing, i don't see how can i supply different assemblies for both platforms.
Posted: 01/31/2014 07:18:00

Tom Bartels wrote:
Though since Windows Phone 7 applications support running on Windows Phone 8 out of the box,

This is not exactly so. It's Windows Phone 8 that supports loading Windows Phone 7 applications. Windows Phone 7 and 8 are *different* operating systems. WP7 programs require special support by the OS, and this support is not always 100% correct.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/31/2014 07:24:45
by Tom Bartels (Basic support level)

WP7 programs require special support by the OS, and this support is not always 100% correct.

I agree. Though that doesn't answer my question regarding a single application for both platforms with seperate assemblies for WP7 and WP8. As far as i know, this isn't possible.

You need to take assemblies compiled for the target platform, that's all.

I suppose you're just suggestion having two applications, one for each platform?
Posted: 01/31/2014 07:29:15

Tom Bartels wrote:
Though that doesn't answer my question regarding a single application for both platforms with seperate assemblies for WP7 and WP8. As far as i know, this isn't possible.

Maybe, we don't develop applications for Windows Phone.
Tom Bartels wrote:
I suppose you're just suggestion having two applications, one for each platform?

I can't suggest you what to do in this situation, but I think there should be a way to provide separate packages for different software and/or hardware platforms within one product. On Android it works this way.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/31/2014 08:05:48
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Though that doesn't answer my question regarding a single application for both platforms with seperate assemblies for WP7 and WP8. As far as i know, this isn't possible.

In fact, WP7 and WP8 assembly sets shipped with SecureBlackbox are completely independent and do not affect each other. You can probably put both sets together into a single application package use a proxy component/assembly to load a proper assembly set for the active platform.
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2730 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!