EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How to parse multipart form-data with a lot of data?

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 11/01/2012 07:31:42
by Peter Palotas (Basic support level)

When using the HTTP Server and receiving a POST request that sends for example one or more large files, how can I parse this multipart form-data without loading it all into memory?

I tried using the ParseMultipartFormData method in TElHTTPSServer passing it a stream, but this terminates with an OutOfMemoryException if the data is too large. Is there any other way to parse multiform data (without implementing it ourselves) that just reads the headers and provides stream access to the data or something similar?

Regards, Peter.
Posted: 11/01/2012 07:46:30
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Sorry, but ParseMultipartFormData method is limited to memory storage and is not suitable for *large* POSTs parsing. If you need this feature you can add it to our wish-list: http://eldos.com/sbb/wishlist.php
Posted: 11/01/2012 08:20:17
by Peter Palotas (Basic support level)

Thanks for your reply.

I was afraid that this was the case. I have added a suggestion to your wishlist with hopes that this will be considered soon, since currently it is causing us some problems with replacing another 3:rd party library with SecureBlackbox.

Thanks!

Regards, Peter.

Statistics

Topic viewed 859 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!