EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Resign a signed XML but getting different signature

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 10/31/2012 07:33:34
by Bochen Lin (Basic support level)

Hi,

I am using SBB VCL package 8.0 to sign SOAP messages for a web service provided by third party vendor.

The web service vendor has developed a .Net sample code. I can use this sample code to generate the signed SOAP message and send it to the server via SOAPUI,
the server recorgnized this message and return the correct signed response. The response can be verified by Simplesinger (the sample from Eldos). I then loaded the signed SOAP message into Simplesigner, removed the signature, resign this message according to the specification from the web service vendor. I have compared the resigned message and the original message, they have identical structure and digest values, but not the sinature value node (other different things are there is an extra xmlns:ds in Signature node, the key data is multiple lines, in stead, the original one is one long line). The resigned message could not be recorgnized by the web service server, it complained that the signature is invalid. If these two sing tools are following the sample specification and have the identical parameters for siging, shouldn't they generate the identical signature value?
Posted: 10/31/2012 07:38:25
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

SOAP XML generation is a complex task. You should better upgrade SecureBlackbox to the latest 10th build that includes SOAP signing components.
Posted: 10/31/2012 08:21:15
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

If you have a license, please assign the license ticket to your user account before we continue. The ticket itself and the procedure of it's use are specified in the registration e-mail that was sent to you upon license purchase. If you don't have the license ticket, please contact the person from which you have obtained the license key (the one in your code) for a ticket.

NOTE: please don't post license keys and license tickets to the forum. If you need to clarify something about your license, please use HelpDesk ( http://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/ ).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 795 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!