EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Problem running TinySignerPKCS11 sample (Unable to load DLL)

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 10/30/2012 04:53:41
by Ivan Hristov (Standard support level)

I'm looking at the sample projects bundled in trial version of your product and I have troubles running TinySignerPKCS11 sample. When I choose "Open Storage", the open dialog appears and I browse to SecureBlackbox_PKCS11Proxy.dll (32-bit version, but it's the same with 64-bit). When I click "Open", the exception is thrown and the details are:

Error opening storage: C:\SecureBlackbox_PKCS11Proxy.dll
Unable to load DLL 'SecureBlackbox_PKCS11Proxy': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Here is the stack trace:

at SBPKCS11Base.__Global.LoadExternalModule(String ModuleName, Int64& ExtHandle, IntPtr pPars, UInt32 cbPars)
at SBPKCS11Base.TElPKCS11ModuleList.LoadModule(String ModuleName, Boolean TrySingleThreadedMode, Boolean AutoRefreshSlotInfo, Boolean PreserveSettingsIfExists, Boolean OnDemandMode, TElPKCS11NSSParams NSSParams)
at SBPKCS11CertStorage.TElPKCS11CertStorage.Open()
at TinySigner.frmMain.OpenPKCS11Storage() in C:\Users\Public\Documents\EldoS\SecureBlackbox.NET\Samples\C#\PDFBlackbox\SignerPKCS11\MainForm.cs:line 784

I found similar issue here:
but no solution is provided.
Is it a limitation of the trial version (I've downloaded v.10.0) or just a bug that is about to be fixed?
Thanks in advance.
Posted: 10/30/2012 04:59:49
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

You should put SecureBlackbox_PKCS11Proxy.dll behind compiled executable file and then browse for a PKCS#11 driver for a token being used. The driver is usually shipped with the token.
Posted: 10/30/2012 05:14:20
by Ivan Hristov (Standard support level)

Thank you for your quick answer.

Yeah, it works fine now. I feel kinda stupid :)

Topic viewed 1298 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!