EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TElMessage to TElSimpleSMIMEMessage

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 10/29/2012 11:38:15
by Niklas Kjellander (Standard support level)

If I have an TElMessage object, how do I go about to encrypt it with TElSimpleSMIMEMessage?

//Niklas
Posted: 10/29/2012 11:46:37
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Sorry, but there is no way to do this. You can add this feature to our wish-list: https://www.eldos.com/sbb/wishlist.php
Posted: 10/29/2012 12:13:32
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

It's not exactly clear what you want to do. If you want to forward some message X as an attachment in an SMIME message, then you can serialize the message X and attach it to SMIME message. If you want to add SMIME to existing TElMessage, you need to use S/MIME mechanisms that come with TElMessage (and which TElSimpleSMIMEMessage uses internally).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/29/2012 12:45:33

I was referring to the later. I have not been able to find anything about this in the documentation, if you could point out where I can read about it, it would be .

Best regards,

Niklas
Posted: 10/29/2012 12:55:09
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

There exist Mailer samples which show how to use SMIME, and there exists source code of TElSimpleSMIMEMessage. What edition are you using?

On a side note, please assign the license ticket to your user account. The ticket itself and the procedure of it's use are specified in the registration e-mail that was sent to you upon license purchase. If you don't have the license ticket, please contact the person from which you have obtained the license key (the one in your code) for a ticket.

NOTE: please don't post license keys and license tickets to the forum. If you need to clarify something about your license, please use HelpDesk ( http://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/ ).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/29/2012 16:05:36

Thank's Eugene, that was exactly what I was looking for. It turned out that I've been looking at some old samples.

/Niklas
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Statistics

Topic viewed 583 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!