EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

EDIFACT signing

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 10/26/2012 01:51:15
by Martin Frey (Basic support level)

Hello,

Is there an easy way to sign a EDIFACT using the GS1 Switzerland standards EDC, EDA and HEX? I use a X509 certifcate from a HSM store. At the moment I try to do this by signing just the hash of the EDIFACT using the TElRSAPublicKeyCrypto class. To get the signed string for the EDIFACT USR+ element, I've implemented the encoding by my self.

Thanks
Martin
Posted: 10/26/2012 01:56:43
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Could you post a link to documentation that describes cryptographic part of this standard, so we'll be able to give you a detailed answer.
Posted: 06/18/2014 05:31:29
by Gabriele Cannata (Standard support level)

Old topic, I know, but are there any news about it? More and more vendors and distributors are requiring signed documents and it would be useful to have at least some sample code on how to do it using secure blackbox.

Here is the official documentation:

http://www.gs1.org/docs/ecom/eancom/eancom_Digital_Signature.pdf

Thank you
Posted: 06/18/2014 05:37:24
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

We didn't have any requests besides the above one so far. You are welcome to submit an idea to the WishList. If it turns people attention, we will implement the feature.

Alternatively we can implement such support as a custom service for a fee.

I have reviewed the specification you posted, and there's quite a lot of work needed to implement the support. It would be much simpler if they used XMLDSig or CMS/CAdES, but they decided to reinvent the wheel.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/18/2014 06:54:05
by Gabriele Cannata (Standard support level)

You can't imagine how much I agree with you! :-)
On a more serious note: I guess the requirement to use that standard is to mantain the message in an EDI format, that is, like XAdES keeps the signed XML a XML file, autack mantains the file a EDI format, that can still be processed from existing software.
Anyway, are you able to provide (even on the private email) some estimate of the effort and the fee required from you?

Thank you.
Posted: 06/18/2014 07:49:05

I will read the document more attentively and will let you know after that. Probably tomorrow.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/18/2014 08:52:14

It's not exactly clear for me, where is the standard itself. The document describes some proprietary format which is *possibly* based on some standard but I don't see any reference to the standard.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 717 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!