EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

AS2 RSA 1024-bit encryption

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 10/25/2012 11:58:55
by Robert Beaubien (Standard support level)

The partner I will be doing testing with is specifying "RSA 1024-bit" encryption. Beyond that, I can't get any further details from them. I don't see a "RSA" encryption option on the TElAS2Message.Encryption object. Since RSA appears to be the source of many different encryption methods, does anyone know which one they might be referring to here?

Posted: 10/25/2012 12:08:17
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

They can refer to an algorithm used to encrypt AS2 message. TElAS2Message uses the same algorithm as specified in recipient certificate that can be set using TElAS2Message.Encryption.CertStorage property.

Another idea is that they refer to an algorithm used for SSL/TLS protocol during AS2 message transfer.

You should better clarify that with your partner.
Posted: 10/25/2012 12:08:30
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

RSA is usually not used for encrypting anything directly, that's why you won't find it in any encryption selector.

In case of AS2/AS3 I can think of 1024-bit RSA keys being used in X.509 certificates, used for either HTTPS or S/MIME or both. In fact, 1024-bit RSA is the most popular key format/size used in X.509 certificates, and of course it's supported by SecureBlackbox.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/25/2012 12:17:57

Yeah, that's what I thought. Unfortunately I am dealing with people that are not technical and there is no one I can get to that does know.

Hmmm. If I have them send a file to me, does the receiver object contain the method used to decrypt what they send?
Posted: 10/25/2012 12:27:18
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

You can use our AS2Decoder sample to analyze a message and find out what exact algorithms are used if you have a sample file.
Posted: 10/25/2012 12:32:27

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Topic viewed 986 times

Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!