EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Upgrade a CAdES-BES signature...

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 10/19/2012 09:13:43
by Adi Vasi (Basic support level)

Hi all,

If I want to upgrade a simple CAdES-BES signature to CAdES-A it is sufficient to call UpgradeToA method of TElCAdESSignatureProcessor object?Or I have to create firstly a CAdES-T signature using UpgradeToT after that a CAdES-C one using UpgradeToC, then a CAdES-XLType1 or 2 signature and finally call the UpgradeToA method?

Posted: 10/19/2012 09:58:53
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Yes, you can upgrade a BES signature to A level 'at once' (omitting explicit upgrading to T and C) with a dedicated UpgradeToA() overload:

procedure TElCAdESSignatureProcessor.UpgradeToA(TSPClient : TElCustomTSPClient;
ValidationTSPClient : TElCustomTSPClient; ArchivalTSPClient : TElCustomTSPClient);

Note that you can pass the same TSP client instance to all three parameters if you wish to use the same TSA for timestamping, upgrading to C level and archiving.
Posted: 10/19/2012 14:25:06
by Adi Vasi (Basic support level)

Hi Ivanov,

Thank you for the reply.But if I have a CAdES-C signature and I want to upgrade to A how should I proceed? Can I use TElCAdESSignatureProcessor.UpgradeToA(null,null ArchivalTSPClient : TElCustomTSPClient); ?

Posted: 10/19/2012 14:35:16
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Simply use the overload that accepts one parameter:

procedure TElCAdESSignatureProcessor.UpgradeToA(ArchivalTSPClient : TElCustomTSPClient);

Topic viewed 865 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!