EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SSH Client application with AsyncPro Socket component

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 10/08/2012 02:58:58
by Rainer Stuelp (Standard support level)

I am trying to add SSH function to my current application. Up to now I am using the TApdWinSock component from AsyncPro (Turbopower) for a kind of Telnet communication. Now this communication should use the SSH protocol.

Does anyone have an example, how I can realise this?

The SSH client example from my SecureBlackbox uses a TCP compontent, that is not installed in Delphi (version 7) by default. But I want to use the same technique for adding SSH. When the TApdWinSock component receives data, they will be send to the SSH control of Eldos etc.

So it will be very simple to switch between plain telnet communication and secure SSH communication.

I hope someone can help me.

Best regards,

Posted: 10/08/2012 03:09:24
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

We don't have a sample for TApdWinSock. You should use TElSSHClient for your task and implement its OnSend/OnReceive event handlers using TApdWinSock.
Posted: 10/08/2012 03:09:47
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Posted: 10/08/2012 06:12:10
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Actually you can use TElSimpleSSHClient as well. With it you need to set UseInternalSocket property to false and handle OnSend and OnReceive events. We have a sample, SocketSimpleSSH or SimpleSSH (please check both - one of them does what you need), which shows how to use external socket with TElSimpleSSHClient componenet.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 1132 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!