EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Simple FTPS Client unable to get list through SOCKS server

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 09/17/2012 05:25:19
by Niklas Kjellander (Standard support level)

I have a scenario where the ftp client is connecting through a SOCKS server.

I setup the client to use the SOCKS server by setting the SocksXXX properties of the ftp client. This works fine for simple opeations like connecting to the ftp server, changing directories and so on (the data channel is not involved).

When I try to list a directory it seems like the ftp client is using the SOCKS servers ip adress instead of the ftp servers when establishing the data connection. Also I've set UseProxySettingsForDataChannel to true in order to route the data channel through the SOCKS server and the Passive property is also set to true.

I can not figure out another way to configure the ftp client. Is there something I'm missing here or is the ftp client not working correctly?

Best regards,

Niklas Kjellander
Posted: 09/17/2012 05:27:27
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

There was a fix made recently for this scenario, and the fix was included into SecureBlackbox X RC2 (the customer confirmed that the fix works). Note, that in most cases AdjustPasvAddress property must be set to true as well.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/17/2012 08:39:56
by Niklas Kjellander (Standard support level)

Thanks! I downloaded SBB 10 RC2 and it worked.
Any chance this fix might get released in SBB 9?

Posted: 09/17/2012 09:10:55
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

No, sorry.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 892 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!