EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Can't get the library edition to compile in Visual C++, no header file

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 09/14/2012 03:27:28
by Gonzalo Carranza (Basic support level)

We have a volume license for the managed code .Net version but it was too many changes to our legacy MFC unmanaged C++ applications to use it and we are trying to get the library edition to work.

I downloaded the trial version of the library edition so I can start working on it while other people work the licensing but there is no lib or header file for the DLL that the wrapper source uses (libsbb.dll) and I can’t get it to link without them (error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol). I was able to create the lib file for libsbb.dll but I didn’t find a way anywhere on how to generate a header file for it. We use VS 2010 MFC C++ with .Net 4.0 Win32 on Windows Seven.

Will the lib and header file for libsbb.dll become available soon? I know your sample is a console C++ app, but we are going to use your wrapper ported as an MFC DLL so all our MFC C++ apps can share it.

Thanks.
Gonzalo
Posted: 09/14/2012 04:56:35
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

Will the lib and header file for libsbb.dll become available soon? I know your sample is a console C++ app, but we are going to use your wrapper ported as an MFC DLL so all our MFC C++ apps can share it.

The header files are located in the Libraries\All\*\WrapperSource\include folder. We are not going to include static libraries for C++, as each one of them takes 20-50MB (depends on the compiler) and there are plenty of them. We will only include a Makefiles for there generation along with a header files, and c++ wrapper files.
Current release cannot be built with Visual C++, only with a GNU compiler. Shortly we will publish a new version that will support Visual C++.
Posted: 09/16/2012 23:56:40
by Gonzalo Carranza (Basic support level)

Got it, thanks.
Gonzalo
Posted: 09/21/2012 00:36:04
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

FYI: RC 2 of Library Edition is on the site. We've included precompiled libraries to it, but the downloadable file is of enormous size so I think we won't include them to release.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/21/2012 14:25:25
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

We have reuploaded Library Edition on the site.
To build a static library, for example using Visual C++ for Win32 you would need to run:
Code
Libraries\All\Win32\WrapperSource\Makefile.cmd vc

Possible you would need to change VC_PATH environment variable, if you have installed Visual Studio in the non-default location.

All samples doesn't require a static library.
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1149 times

Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!