EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Can't get the library edition to compile in Visual C++, no header file

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 09/14/2012 03:27:28
by Gonzalo Carranza (Basic support level)

We have a volume license for the managed code .Net version but it was too many changes to our legacy MFC unmanaged C++ applications to use it and we are trying to get the library edition to work.

I downloaded the trial version of the library edition so I can start working on it while other people work the licensing but there is no lib or header file for the DLL that the wrapper source uses (libsbb.dll) and I can’t get it to link without them (error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol). I was able to create the lib file for libsbb.dll but I didn’t find a way anywhere on how to generate a header file for it. We use VS 2010 MFC C++ with .Net 4.0 Win32 on Windows Seven.

Will the lib and header file for libsbb.dll become available soon? I know your sample is a console C++ app, but we are going to use your wrapper ported as an MFC DLL so all our MFC C++ apps can share it.

Thanks.
Gonzalo
Posted: 09/14/2012 04:56:35
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

Will the lib and header file for libsbb.dll become available soon? I know your sample is a console C++ app, but we are going to use your wrapper ported as an MFC DLL so all our MFC C++ apps can share it.

The header files are located in the Libraries\All\*\WrapperSource\include folder. We are not going to include static libraries for C++, as each one of them takes 20-50MB (depends on the compiler) and there are plenty of them. We will only include a Makefiles for there generation along with a header files, and c++ wrapper files.
Current release cannot be built with Visual C++, only with a GNU compiler. Shortly we will publish a new version that will support Visual C++.
Posted: 09/16/2012 23:56:40
by Gonzalo Carranza (Basic support level)

Got it, thanks.
Gonzalo
Posted: 09/21/2012 00:36:04
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

FYI: RC 2 of Library Edition is on the site. We've included precompiled libraries to it, but the downloadable file is of enormous size so I think we won't include them to release.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/21/2012 14:25:25
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

We have reuploaded Library Edition on the site.
To build a static library, for example using Visual C++ for Win32 you would need to run:
Code
Libraries\All\Win32\WrapperSource\Makefile.cmd vc

Possible you would need to change VC_PATH environment variable, if you have installed Visual Studio in the non-default location.

All samples doesn't require a static library.
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1147 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!