EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Problem signing xml file with certificate containing symbol "&"

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 01/18/2007 04:22:15
by ivo Lozanov (Basic support level)

Hello, I am using the SimpleSigner Demo program and I try to sign an xml file. The certificate we use contains the "&" symbol in it's Organization property (M&M Militzer and Munch BG Co. Ltd.). After signing the document, it becomes invalid, due to the special symbol "&".
I am sending the unsigned file and the signed file as attachment.

[ Download ]
Posted: 01/18/2007 05:30:32
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you very much for the report. We will fix it as soon as possible.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/18/2007 08:14:49
by ivo Lozanov (Basic support level)

Thank you for your prompt answer.
We are working on a project that has to sign xml documents using different certificates. Unfortunately, some ceftificates contain the special symbol "&".
Anyway, we intend to buy a VCL component for C++Builder6 that signes xml files and to use it in our project. We need this component as soon as possible. So, can you tell us when we can expect this bug to be fixed and our problem solved?
Posted: 01/23/2007 07:54:46
by Haris Zujo (Standard support level)

I have the same problem with "&" character. Have you solved the problem yet? Are the fixpack ready? We have problem with our costumers who uses our software.

Regards Haris
Posted: 01/23/2007 08:06:13
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

We don't have a fix available yet, sorry. We will investigate the problem ASAP.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2603 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!