EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

I have a problem with Certificates in Compact Framework

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 01/17/2007 16:39:08
by net36854  (Basic support level)

Hi,

In this link can see my problem description [URL=http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1087788&SiteID=1]Forum Microsoft[/URL]

But i can read in the eldos forum secureblackbox that's possible using the secureblackbox.

Help me please.
Posted: 01/18/2007 00:55:17
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I see no description of the actual problem in the Microsoft forum. "can't load the certificate from file" is not a problem. Do you need to perform client-side certificate authentication on the server? Yes, this is possible.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/18/2007 04:33:25
by Viral Thakkar (Basic support level)

Hello,

I have downloaded evaluation copy of secureblackbox.NET library but when i tried to use SSLClientDemo example and particularly use .cer files, it gives me following exception when SSLOpenSession() is called at server side.

"Index was outside the bounds of the array".

Another thing is that i want to use SSL with certificates in Pocket PC (as client) and desktop (as server). Can someone please help me in doing this?

-Viral
Posted: 01/18/2007 04:56:08

If you try to use SSLClient demo, what server side do you mean?

Viral Thakkar wrote:
Another thing is that i want to use SSL with certificates in Pocket PC (as client) and desktop (as server). Can someone please help me in doing this?

What exactly you are trying to do? "use SSL with certificates" is too broad phrase. Check the SecureBlackbox knowledgebase, it describes everything you need to start with.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/19/2007 03:56:45

Thanks, i was download evaluation package. When read the documentation, i looking how to use a "certificate.cer" to sign an XML to send a secure webservice.
If that component run correctly with the connection to the server, i have questions about licensing and how adquire in spain support.

Best regards.
Posted: 01/19/2007 05:27:38

net36854 wrote:
When read the documentation, i looking how to use a "certificate.cer" to sign an XML to send a secure webservice.

.cer file usually stands for certificates in .DER formatting without private key. You can't sign anything without having a private key.

Regarding support - all support is provided only in English. For support options please see http://www.eldos.com/sbb/support.php

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/06/2007 17:58:54

Hi,

I search in the related link, but i don't find an example how to made a similar code of Framework. this is de code in application to Desktop:

CertAllz = strAppDir & "\file.cer"
cert = CreateFromCertFile(CertAllz)
a.ClientCertificates.Add(cert)

I read i can need use:
Imports SBX509.TElX509Certificate

But i don't found any example in documentation for VB to made a similar process of a desktop application.

Can you send me an example or a reference to the example code?

Best regards.
Posted: 02/07/2007 00:52:55

I am not sure that I understand your question. The desktop and .NET CF code is almost the same.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/07/2007 11:34:57

But in .NEF CF2 not exist CreateFromCertFile and ClientCertificate components. In the SecureBlackbox.PKI.Dll exist components to managed certificates in .NET CF2, but i don't found in the examples of the download package an example to implement in my application the certificates x509 management.
Posted: 02/07/2007 13:19:37

All certificate samples are located in <SecureBlackbox>\Samples\VB.NET\PKIBlackbox

I have no idea what you mean by CreateFromCertFile.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 6490 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!