EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Reverse SSH Tunnel question

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 10/12/2012 05:13:44
by Thomas Andersson (Basic support level)

Innokentiy Ivanov wrote:

QuoteTo me, this means I need a listener process on to accept a connection from the client process. Meanwhile, I also need a listener process on to accept the tunnelled connection from the server, and of course remote port forwarding to make that second connection succeed. Maybe I'm wrong on this point, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
That is not correct enough. As Vsevolod answered above, all the forwarding-related tasks are encapsulated in SSH protocol, so neither you need to listen on with a separate application, nor you have to open any ports on the client side. An SSH server will normally open the listening server-side port for you, and all the forwarded data will be directed through already established SSH channel.

A bad thing is that the SSH server samples shipped with the distribution do not implement server-side forwarding, leaving this task to the user. A good thing is that we extended the C# sample with the remote forwarding feature for one of our customers recently, and we are happy to send it to you so that you wouldn't have to implement it by yourselves. I'm going to create a Helpdesk ticket for you now and upload the updated sample there (as the forum doesn't accept ZIPs).

Could You please send this updated sample to me also?

Best regards,
Posted: 10/12/2012 07:38:23
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

I have just sent the sample to you via the Helpdesk.
Posted: 10/12/2012 07:52:28

I get this error "Error 3 'SBUtils.Unit' does not contain a definition for 'SBRndGenerate' UserInfo.cs 114 17 SSHServer.NET_VS2008.

Where can I find "SBRndGenerate"?

Best regards,
Posted: 10/12/2012 07:56:53
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

SBRndGenerate was moved to SBRandom in the 10th version.
Posted: 10/12/2012 08:02:11

OK, thanks :-)
Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.

Topic viewed 3910 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!