EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Indy upgrade from 9 to 10

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 01/11/2007 03:41:33
by Paul McIntyre (Standard support level)

Hi there,
I am in the process of upgrading my application(s) from Indy 9 to Indy 10.

The application is a client/ Server based system, using TCP and SSL (SBB security).

To date I have not been able to get a secure connection working between the Client and the Server.

All of my calls have been changed on the Server side from "AThread.Connection.ReadLn" to "AContext.Connection.IOHandler.Readln" as required.

On the server side I have added a "TElIndySSLServerIOHandler" component which is attached to the "TIdTCPServer" component. I have code in events "CertificateValidate" and "OnError", but these are not triggering.

On the client side I have a "TElClientIndySSLIOHandlerSocket" attached to a "TIdTCPClient". Again I am using the IdTCPClient.IOHandler.Writeln/ Readln to read/ write commands. I have events "OnCertificatValidate" and "OnError" that are not triggering.

I initially built the application based upon the Indy Chat demo. I have noted that in the Eldos examples it uses a Socket Read/ Write instead of the IOHandler. Is this why the SSL isn't being initiated onConnect?

What is confusing me further is that the lines

..." if Assigned(AContext.Connection.IOHandler) and
(AContext.Connection.IOHandler.ClassType = TElClientServerIndySSLIOHandlerSocket) then "...

are resolving correctly.

Has anybody come across a similar issue or could provide some light on this one for me.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Paul

Posted: 01/11/2007 03:58:54
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The initial question:

does your indy 9 code work with SBB OR adding SBB is a new task?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/11/2007 04:46:55

Yes it did work (I haven't got Indy 9 installed at present). I was able to get a secure connection (Server certificate) with the server.

Thanks - Paul
Posted: 01/11/2007 05:30:39
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

So, the problem is how to migrate to Indy 10.
Did you check the client and server samples, other than chat? There are several samples for client and server (with Indy 10 iohandlers) included with SecureBlackbox installation.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/11/2007 05:40:47

Yes I have been for two days now.

OK I had Passthrough set (incorrectly) to true on the client. Now I am getting errors, so some success here.

I will keep hunting through them. Thanks for your assistance.

Chers - Paul
Posted: 01/11/2007 19:24:45

Sorted now. I had to delete the TCPClient on the client side and re-add it.

Thanks for your assistance.
Posted: 01/12/2007 00:32:59

TElIndySSLServerIOHandler.ClientAuthentication isn't holding when set at design time. I have had to set this value in the formCreate proc to ensure that the ClientAuthentication is set to true.

You can re-produce this using the CBServ/ CBClient demos as well.
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3429 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!