EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Mailing with TElSMTPClient using a SMTPServer with AUTH NTLM

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 08/24/2012 05:01:39
by Josep Saumell (Standard support level)

I would like to know if it's possible to send a mail with TElSMTPClient class connecting to a SMTP server that only accepts AUTH NTLM authentication.

If is possible, is there any example "How to do" that?

Posted: 08/24/2012 05:22:41
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

TElSMTPClient supports NTLM authentication via SASL. To make TElSMTPClient use NTML, please set the Username and Password properties as usual and add 'NTLM' to the list of supported SASL mechanisms:

Client.SASLMechanism['NTLM'] := true;
Posted: 08/24/2012 06:01:12
by Josep Saumell (Standard support level)

It's necessary to include the username and password credentials inside the code in plain text?
It's possible to get it from current windows session in any way?

And another question: I'm working with SecureBlackBox v.8 and i could'nt find "SASLMechanism" property. It this a new property of v9? Or I'm doing something wrong...

Thanks again.
Posted: 08/24/2012 06:50:14
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Oops, I was a bit too quick with the answer - indeed, you can omit specifying the Password property when using NTLM authentication, as the component picks the credentials pointer from the current Windows session.

SASL support has only been added in SBB 9, so I am afraid it is not available with SBB 8.

Topic viewed 981 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!