EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Authentication Failure (D2005)

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 08/23/2012 14:11:52
by Harish Desai (Basic support level)

I am using Public Key Authentication to make a SSH connection, i am able to successfully connect using putty or any other client application. But when i use the sample SyncClient app and set the required params i get Error code 114 ERROR_SSH_NO_MORE_AUTH_METHODS_AVAILABLE error. The private key is successfully loaded in tomemory storage

Here is modified code for connect button click,
Code
Client.AuthenticationTypes := SSH_AUTH_TYPE_PUBLICKEY;

KeyStorage.Clear;
    Key := TElSSHKey.Create;
   if  (Key.LoadPublicKey(Edit6.Text)=0) then
     Memo2.Lines.Add('Private Key Loaded');
    KeyStorage.Add(Key);
    //Client.AuthenticationTypes :=  SSH_AUTH_TYPE_PUBLICKEY;

{ if (Edit6.Text <> '') and (Key.LoadPrivateKey(Edit6.Text) = 0) then
    begin

Client.AuthenticationTypes := Client.AuthenticationTypes or SSH_AUTH_TYPE_PUBLICKEY;
    end
    else
      Client.AuthenticationTypes := Client.AuthenticationTypes and not SSH_AUTH_TYPE_PUBLICKEY; }
    Key.Free;
Posted: 08/23/2012 14:31:41
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Code
if  (Key.LoadPublicKey(Edit6.Text)=0) then
     Memo2.Lines.Add('Private Key Loaded');

Does it sound ok for you? Hint: the message lies.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/23/2012 14:37:40

To make it clear: despite the misleading authentication method name (we didn't invent it, frankly) you authenticate with a *private* key, not a public key. Consequently you need to load a private key for authenticating.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/23/2012 15:14:40

I was trying out different options and didn't change the memo line, i was loading the private keys and then tried with public keys.

Should i load both public and private key in the key storage?

[Modifed message]
Thanks Eugene, after loading both the keys it worked.

Also i do have a question, i was going through your earlier post where you said SCP is not supported, is there any way i can implement it? We have been using SFTP and recent changes makes us to move to SCP.
Posted: 08/23/2012 23:28:52

I can hardly see what changes can make you move to the protocol, which is outdated and which has been replaced by SFTP.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/24/2012 08:10:17

I do understand SFTP is way to go.

The confusion and the reason to go with SCP is that we think SFTP requires FTP servers to be enabled, but i was able to successfully upload the files with FTP server being disabled.

1) Does SFTP require FTP Server?
2) I do know that you can disable SFTP on servers, in which case is there any fallback option
Posted: 08/24/2012 09:14:55
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Harish,

SFTP transfers require SFTP server software to be running on server side (not FTP server software).

SCP is an insecure protocol, so I doubt it is a good fallback option for the case where SFTP server is switched off. In fact, on Unix machines there is a way to set up SFTP connection through an SSH shell even if SFTP module is switched off.
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1329 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!