EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Correct Indy install method

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 07/28/2012 08:13:19
by Ciaran Costelloe (Standard support level)

I installed SSLBlackbox client+server VCL edition on CodeGear RAD Studio (i.e. Delphi 11) and it seems fine. I was going to also install your SSL IOHandlers. I have Indy version installed on Codegear. Before installing it, I noticed SBIndyIOHandler10.pas includes the following:
// Please uncomment the following conditional define if you are using
// Indy 10.5.5 (coming with RAD Studio 2010) or higher
{$define INDY1055}
If I uncomment the define and install the Indy packages via SSLBBoxSrvIndy10D11.dpk am I ok or do I need to recompile something first? I want to install your Indy components in the IDE to run your sample Indy SSL server & client, otherwise I would just use the source code and sort it out there.
Posted: 07/28/2012 08:36:37
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

.DPK files are package source code files, i.e. they are compiled automatically when you "install" them to IDE. So you don't need to compile anything manually. In future (if you need to recompile the package) you again open its DPK file and Compile or Build it (it will be unloaded by the IDE automatically, compiled and loaded back).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/28/2012 09:59:08
by Ciaran Costelloe (Standard support level)

Hi Eugene.

That is very clear. Thank you very much for the extremely quick reply!

Topic viewed 531 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!