EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

[DCC Fatal Error] MainForm.pas(21): F1026 File not found: 'SBPGP.dcu'

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 06/29/2012 01:17:28
by K Gdhami (Standard support level)

Hi,

(Delphi 2010 + Windows 7 64 bits Ultimate)

I just downloaded & installed SecureBlackbox (VCL build) for the very first time in my life, I restarted after setup as instructed, and tried to run this demo:

Code
<Public Documents Path>\EldoS\SecureBlackbox.VCL\Samples\Delphi\OpenPGPBlackbox\Files\FilesExample_CRS2010.dproj

But Delphi throws this error:

[DCC Fatal Error] MainForm.pas(21): F1026 File not found: 'SBPGP.dcu'

I didn't change anything, just open and pressed the run button, but it won't even compile.

I checked the library path, it points to this directory:

Code
C:\Program Files (x86)\EldoS\SecureBlackbox.VCL\Units\Delphi14\Win32\

The folder seems to be OK since I can see all the *.dcu there (including SBPGP.dcu)

Am I missing something here?
Posted: 06/29/2012 01:24:23
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Try to set the units directory explicitly by adding it to the search path in project options window.
Posted: 06/29/2012 01:33:51
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Also MSBuild (stuff used by recent Delphi versions for building process) seems to not like paths with spaces (surprise-surprise). For some activity I had to install SecureBlackbox to "D:\SecureBlackbox" instead of default "D:\Program Files\EldoS\SecureBlackbox.VCL" due to this.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/29/2012 03:00:54

Thank you guys, that did it (and yes, I do use MSBuild!)

I was able to try the OpenPGPBlackbox Files/Keys demos, very nice :)

I have two questions before buying OpenPGPBlackbox:

1. How can I test the key generation/file encryption at full speed? Eventually I'll be encrypting large files (1GB+), I need to to know what to expect in terms of speed/CPU usage.

2. My ultimate goal is to have two-ways PHP <--> OpenPGPBlackbox encryption/decryption.

I know it's probably out of the scope of OpenPGPBlackbox, but I wonder if you have a simple PHP demo that can work with OpenPGPBlackbox/delphi (ie. PHP code that (1) encrypt files using the public key generated by OpenPGPBlackbox and (2) decrypt an file that was protected with OpenPGPBlackbox)

Thanks!
Posted: 06/29/2012 03:05:46
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

1. How can I test the key generation/file encryption at full speed? Eventually I'll be encrypting large files (1GB+), I need to to know what to expect in terms of speed/CPU usage.

Please request the unlock key here: https://www.eldos.com/sbb/keyreq/

I know it's probably out of the scope of OpenPGPBlackbox, but I wonder if you have a simple PHP demo that can work with OpenPGPBlackbox

Sorry, but we don't have such demo.
Posted: 06/29/2012 03:16:39

Please elaborate on what exactly you mean by "simple PHP demo that can work with OpenPGPBlackbox"?

If you mean calling SecureBlackbox library from PHP - we plan PHP bindings to Library edition of SecureBlackbox but this is 3-4 of months from now when we have something to present.

If you mean encrypting with SecureBlackbox and decrypting with PHP (or vice versa) - you can use any PHP solution for OpenPGP. SecureBlackbox is fully compliant to OpenPGP specification (RFC 2440 and RFC 4880) so you won't have problems with compatibility.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/02/2012 05:38:07

Eugene

If you mean encrypting with SecureBlackbox and decrypting with PHP (or vice versa) - you can use any PHP solution for OpenPGP. SecureBlackbox is fully compliant to OpenPGP specification (RFC 2440 and RFC 4880) so you won't have problems with compatibility.

Yes, that's what I meant.

I'm completely new at this, thus the question.

My project requires that I encrypt files using my delphi client app, and eventually users will download these files from my website, so I need to decrypt using PHP them before serving them.

I spent some time researching the subject, I installed GnuPG 2 on a test server and then I tried this code:

Code
<?php
   $clear_file     = '/full/path/my-file.zip';
   $encrypted_file = '/full/path/my-file.zip.pgp';

// Encrypt file
   echo shell_exec("/usr/bin/gpg2 --encrypt $clear_file");

// Decrypt file
   echo shell_exec("/usr/bin/gpg2 --decrypt $encrypted_file");
?>

But it seems that I can't specify, in the commandline, which keys to use, that's why I asked if you have a demo (I figured that since, obviously, you've been working on OpenPGPBlackbox for years now, I could find a simple demo PHP to decrypt the files that I encrypted using OpenPGPBlackbox)
Posted: 07/02/2012 06:15:27

So far PHP is beyond the scope of our expertise (when it comes to SecureBlackbox). I see you've posted the question to StackOverflow as well (I've upvoted it :) so I hope you'll get an answer there.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 4385 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!