EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

PKIBBox.dll is now required when it never was before.

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 12/20/2006 18:10:40
by Bill Armstrong (Basic support level)

Our product is using the ActiveX version of BlackBox. Up until now we've been using version 5.0.0.96 for development. Today I updated our build machine to 5.0.0.102. Now when I install on a clean machine, our product is no longer able to connect to our UNIX server.

After much cursing I discovered that for some reason we now have a dependency upon PKIBBox.dll which we never had before. Our installer does not install PKIBBox.dll because we are not using any of the key based authentication techniques. We are using Password Authentication. Your documentation indicates that "PKIBBox.dll is required only when X.509 certificate support in SSH Key management is used."

Is this a bug on your side, or am I going to have to add PKIBBox.dll to our installer?

By the way, I also noticed that when you look at the properties for BaseBBox.dll it says that its version is 4.2.0.77. It used to say 5.0.0.96. What happened there?
Posted: 12/20/2006 18:31:47
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

After much cursing I discovered that for some reason we now have a dependency upon PKIBBox.dll which we never had before. Our installer does not install PKIBBox.dll because we are not using any of the key based authentication techniques. We are using Password Authentication. Your documentation indicates that "PKIBBox.dll is required only when X.509 certificate support in SSH Key management is used."

Since build 5.0.100 PKIBBox.dll is also required for correct work of SSH components, as all the PKI functions are now contained in PKIBBox.dll. Even though you use password-based authentication, PKIBBox is needed for key exchange and server authentication purposes. Thank you for pointing us at this, we will add the necessary changes to the documentation.

By the way, I also noticed that when you look at the properties for BaseBBox.dll it says that its version is 4.2.0.77. It used to say 5.0.0.96. What happened there?

Thank you for letting us know, we will re-check this too.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2060 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!