EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Asking for password for every file I try to sign

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 06/26/2012 08:07:26
by Marcelo Vargas (Standard support level)

For each file that I try to sign the certificate is asking for password. The certificate I'm using is of type A1, but the repository is installed on windows. Not so with certificates of the type A3 (token or smart card). This certificate requires an application to manage it, it installs a DLL in C: \ Program Files \ Box \ CSP \ cefcert.dll. Is there any way around this problem?
Posted: 06/26/2012 08:30:14
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Usually this problem appears because SecureBlackbox involves CryptAPI to work with certificates stored in Windows stores because their secret keys are not exportable and can't be accessed directly, so a password window is out of our control - it is displayed by Windows.
Posted: 06/26/2012 08:42:22
by Marcelo Vargas (Standard support level)

Why this does not happen with certificates A3 token that is also installed on the windows repository. The password window that appears is shown for the DLL certificate

Posted: 06/26/2012 09:11:06
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

This windows is shown by a PKCS#11 driver (a DLL). Do you use the same tokens for A1 and A3 certificates?

Topic viewed 480 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!